Monday, November 10, 2008

Game Night!

Photobucket

Last night the Roberts's hosted game night for a few of us. I love board games so I was way into it. I got there first so I went right to preparing some pizza dip for snacking:

Pizza Dip:
1 block cream cheese (I substituted Neufchatel to save on calories and fat)
3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 cup Pizza or plain Spaghetti Sauce
1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese

Add the Italian Seasoning to the cream cheese, mix well and heat in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Add the pizza sauce on top then sprinkle the cheese on last.
Put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.

Serve with crackers, bagel chips (I bought garlic flavored ones) or a French baguette. I think the crackers and the baguette were the biggest hits of the night. Jessica brought over some hummus, 'cause you know, that's a big hit among white people. Good call!

Tobi and Jessica got there shortly after and Tobi sat in for Madelyn on an intensified Jenga match. I love the Jenga and was there to help offer suggestions to both players. Jenga as a spectator sport is almost as fun as playing the game! I'm not sure who won, I just remember hearing the crash.

We then played a couple of rounds of Scattergories but the highlight of the night for me was Taboo. I LOVE THAT GAME! The match was pretty intense and our team ended up losing by two darn points. Le bummer! But, we're definitely scheduling another game night soon. And maybe next time I'll try my hand at Settlers of Catan, even though it seems like it requires too much strategery for my pea-sized brain.

Photobucket
(I'm really glad we're bringing Taboo back!)

1 comment:

jessica said...

Game night was fun and your pizza dip was so yummy! One of us has got to buy MadGab. That game is so fun. I never stop laughing when I play.